Friday, October 15, 2010

Last Recipe of the week

A friend of mine made some amazing granola that I tried when I visited her.  I ate it constantly when I was pregnant and needed some extra calories.  (I should make another batch today since I am still consuming an amazing amount of calories feeding 2 babies!)

Kayla's Granola
4 cups rolled oats
1 1/2 cup wheat germ
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1/2 cup chopped almonds
1 cup raspberries (mashed--I used frozen ones)
1/3 cup olive oil
1 1/4 cups honey, or to taste
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
1 tsp ground cinnamon

Preheat oven to 300 degrees.  In a large bowl, stir together the oats, wheat germ, walnuts, almonds, and raspberries.  In a separate bowl, mix together the oil, honey, vanilla, and cinnamon.  Drizzle over dry ingredients, and stir to coat evenly.  Spread mixture out in a thin layer on an ungreased cookie sheet.  Bake for 30 to 40 minutes in the preheated oven, stirring every 10 minutes to toast evenly.  (It is best to use a cookie sheet with edges so you don't make a mess when you need to stir it.)  Allow to cool completely before storing in an airtight container.  Granola will become crunchier as it cools.

No comments:

Post a Comment